1) More than 41,000 root canals are performed daily.
2) 45% of people have heard of a root canal specialist.
3) 89% of patients are satisfied after root canal treatment by an endodontist.
4) Up to 15% of people in the U.S. avoid seeking dental care because of fear, leading to unchecked decay.
5) General dentists refer approximately 50% of root canal cases to endodontists.
6) 93% of dental educators believe that endodontists are an essential part of a dental health care team.
7) There are 55 advanced specialty education programs in endondontics offered in the U.S. and Canada.
8) 87% of dental educators believe endodontists are a reliable and trustworthy resource when considering advanced dental technologies in root canal treatment.